If you click a link in this post and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
This post is sponsored by Harris Teeter, but all opinions are my own.
Homemade veggie fried rice is one of my all-time favorite things to eat. I swear I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and sometimes I do!)
Today I’ve partnered with Harris Teeter Organics to show you how to make a super-easy organic veggie fried rice at home.
This veggie fried rice is WAY healthier than take-out and uses frozen veggies to cut down prep time. You can have a healthy, cheap, and delicious dinner on the table in under 20 minutes!
I was surprised at how affordable organic food is at Harris Teeter. Some items were even priced lower than their conventional (non-organic) counterparts!
Harris Teeter’s (HT) store-brand organic items cost substantially less than other organic brands… you’ll save $2.50 just on eggs alone!
Plus HT Organics are free of GMOs, synthetic fertilizers/pesticides, artificial preservatives/colors/flavors, antibiotics or growth hormones, so you know they are safe for your family.
This recipe uses an entire bag of HT Organics Frozen Mixed Vegetable, so it is packed with veggies. Grab your favorite chopsticks and get cooking with this easy veggie fried rice recipe!
- You can use any kind of rice for this recipe, but I prefer brown rice for its health benefits. I cook mine in my Instant Pot with this easy recipe and it is done in less than 30 minutes.
- I use ground ginger in the sauce because it is convenient, but you can definitely use fresh ginger if you have it on hand. I’d suggest 1-2 teaspoons of minced fresh ginger and add it in along with the garlic.
- Rice vinegar and sesame oil bring a bunch of flavor to this dish and aren’t expensive. I always have them in my pantry!
- You can add any meat that you want – I sometimes toss in leftover pork or chicken at the very end of the recipe.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 large HT Organic onion, diced
- 2 cloves HT Organic garlic, minced
- 16 oz. HT Organics Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 3 large HT Organics Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups HT Organics Long Grain Brown Rice, cooked (makes about 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- Place a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients to make the sauce.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and fry the eggs until cooked through and just starting to brown. Break the eggs up into small pieces with your spatula and place the cooked eggs to the side.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to skillet and cook the onion until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the entire bag of frozen veggies to the skillet. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet and mix in with the veggies. Pour the sauce over the rice and veggies mixture.
- Spread the rice over the entire surface of the skillet and let cook for 1 minute. Then mix and repeat 3-4 times, until much of the rice is starting to fry and turn brown.
- Mix the cooked egg back in and serve immediately.
If you like this post you’ll also like:
- Easy & Frugal Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 10 Weeks of Easy & Budget-Friendly Dinner Recipes
- Easy Homemade Pumpkin Cheesecake