What information does The Frugal South collect and how is it used?
We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
We collect limited personal information about who you are and where you are, as well as technical data about how you are accessing this site. This personal information can be deleted or edited by you at any time, except for anonymous information that is impossible for us to delete. We work hard to keep your information private, however, because the Internet can never be completely secure, you give us your info at your own risk. When you put your private information on the Internet, it can be collected and used for others, and we are not responsible for keeping that information private or secure. If we have a security breach, we will email you within 72 hours of identification of a breach.
The Frugal South abides by GDPR regulations, so if you wish to have your information (e.g. comments or email address removed) and you’re an EU resident, please send us a message here. We are happy to remove your information. We do not resell or share your contact information with third parties. Once you opt out of the mailing list, you are permanently removed.
Here’s how this site collects and uses data:
- Mailing list and sending newsletters: We use Mailmunch to collect email addresses through the signup forms on this site, and if you submit your email address on this site, it will be added to our list to send you emails from time to time. Your email address is also stored on my hosting server for the purpose of delivering the newsletter. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties. We do not sell or share your email addresses or any personal information about you. You may unsubscribe or edit your profile (link in every email, or contact us) anytime.
- Downloads: On a few pages, I may offer free downloads of PDFs or products. We only collect email addresses, and they are sent to Mailmunch for the purposes of adding you to my email newsletter.
- Comments: When you leave a comment, you are required to enter your email address which is stored on our hosting server. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar and a link to your website.
- Affiliate Links: We may use affiliate links to earn a commission if you follow a link and pay for a service as outlined in our Disclosure Policy. Affiliate link partners include DVCrequest.com, DestinationsinFlorida.com, UndercoverTourist.com, Fuze360.com, and BJs.com.
- Analytics: We use Google Analytics to understand the usage of this website. This data is anonymous and I cannot access or use this information in any personally-identifiable way.
We use a few services to manage this site and its services:
If you get to this site through another site or click to another site from this site, they might collect your personal info. We are not responsible for those privacy policies.
You can contact me via email at email@example.com or through this form at any time to
- Request access to information that The Frugal South has about you
- Correct any information that The Frugal South has about you
- Delete information that The Frugal South has about you permanently and completely
Thanks for visiting The Frugal South!
This policy was last updated May 10, 2018.