I go through phases of being totally obsessed with chips and salsa. I’m not the only one, right?
I’ve been on a salsa kick recently and dragged this fresh recipe out of the archives.
It’s super fresh and tastes like summer in a jar – even though you could make it any time of year because it uses all canned ingredients!
The best part is that this homemade fresh salsa takes five minutes or less to make.
You basically throw all of the ingredients into a food processor and you’ve got restaurant-style salsa that’s ready to share at your next party or cookout!
When I did the math and my homemade fresh salsa came out to be less than half the price of store-bought fresh salsa. I love a cheap recipe that tastes way better than store-bought.
It will cost less than $3 to make two pint-sized jars full, so if you are feeling generous you can give one away.
WARNING: We eat this like soup so we tear through a jar in no time… there might not be any left to share!
Here’s all you need for killer homemade fresh salsa. The only prep work involved is cutting the tops off of the green onion, cutting the lime, and opening the canned tomatoes.
Homemade Fresh Salsa Tips
- I suggest using fresh lime if at all possible since it will taste SO much better!
- This salsa is pretty mild, even if you use the full amount of jalapenos. If you want to kick it up, you could always add more green chiles.
- I usually buy a large 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes, though if you already have them on hand two smaller 14 oz. cans will work too, of course.
With no further ado, here’s my super easy and cheap homemade fresh salsa recipe. It’s great to have in your arsenal for parties any time of year!
If you like this you might also like:
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (or crushed or whole, doesn't really matter)
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or juice from 1/2 lime
- 2-4 tablespoons sliced jalapenos from a jar (depends on how hot you want it)
- 2 green onions with tops removed
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until smooth or desired texture.