If you click a link in this post and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
These super easy no butter chocolate chip cookies will become a regular in your house – they definitely are in mine.
I know that the classic chocolate chip cookies calls for butter. But I’d put one of these no butter chocolate chip cookies up against a Tollhouse cookie any day!If you find yourself out of butter (like I often do) then give these chocolate chip cookies without butter a try.
They are an easy and frugal alternative to the standard recipe and I think you’ll be amazed at how delicious they are.
I am trying to make our snacks at home instead of buying them to avoid scary ingredients and save money.
I figured that vegetable oil was cheaper than butter, but one day I decided to site down and do the math.
Did you know vegetable oil is actually SIX times cheaper than butter?
So these cookies are easy on the budget in addition to being delicious.
No Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Tips & Tricks
Here are some tips for getting the best possible results:
I use my Danish dough whisk (pictured above) to mix any dough – it works especially well with this recipe! One you get one of these there’s no turning back – it makes mixing dough so easy.
I use a small cookie scoop like this one to get consistently sized cookies. This makes them cook evenly and all turn out perfectly.
This dough will be a bit greasy due to the oil. But if it seems WAY too greasy, just add a bit more flour to soak some of it up.
I recommend chilling the dough for 10-15 minutes, especially if you are making these in the summer. The cookies will hold their shape and not spread as much, making them thicker and chewier.
Last, I recommend a silicone baking mat like this affordable one from Target when baking any kind of cookie. They never stick to the pan and still turn out perfectly browned on the bottom.
Plus you’ll never have to buy parchment paper again – or go to use some and realize you are all out.
Why This Recipe Works
I first started using oil instead of butter in my popular Snickerdoodle cookie recipe and I now prefer those to any other Snickerdoodles.
It turns out that chocolate chip cookies made with oil work the same way – I now prefer these to those made with oil.
These cookies have a unique taste thanks to using both vanilla and almond extract. If you don’t have any almond extract on hand or have a nut allergy then you can definitely just double up on the vanilla.
A combination of white and brown sugar keeps them moist.
How Can I Change Up This Recipe?
There are SO many ways you can change up this recipe and still get great results!
- You can use many different types of oil. Some that folks have tried include olive oil, rice bran oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil.
- You can use a gluten free flour mix or almond flour to make them gluten free.
- You can add in any number of delicious goodies – see the next section!
Butterless Chocolate Chip Cookies Variations
Here are some things you can add to this recipe to make delicious variations:
- Use white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips.
- Add in any kind of nuts – I especially love pecans but you can add walnuts, sliced almonds, macadamia nuts, etc.
- Use M&Ms in place of the chocolate chips. Make them festive for a holiday with seasonal M&M’s – pastels for Easter, red and green for Christmas, etc.
- Add in marshmallows with the chocolate chips for a S’mores cookie.
Really the sky is the limit with this recipe. You can add in anything you want since it is so adaptable.
Please leave a comment below if you find an especially delicious combo!
Can I Freeze These No Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Yes, you can definitely freeze these cookies after you bake them! For best results eat them within 6 months.
You can even freeze the dough after it’s made. Just be sure to wrap it tightly (I like Press & Seal for this) and use it within a few months.
I hope you enjoy my easy chocolate chip cookies without butter recipe. Any questions? Please leave a comment below or send me a message on The Frugal South’s Facebook page!
we offer only aaa repliki zegarków. bravery is the spiritual connotation of the best rolex replika in the world. shop all: african american hair styles | african american cheap wigs | all wigs intro to diamond painting.
Check out these other great cookie recipes on my site:
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the oil, both sugars, eggs, and both extracts in a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Leave at least 1 inch between cookies.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until the edges are starting to brown. Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a wire cooling rack.