If you click a link in this post and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
How amazing that we are almost a THIRD of the way through 2018 already! I figured it was time for a goals update since I did the first quarter review in my PowerSheets earlier this month.
I have come to love the PowerSheets monthly “Tending List”. It is exactly what has been missing from my goal-setting in the past, which is a way to translate my yearly and monthly goals into something I can work towards every day! I really believe they have helped me make progress on these goals that I wouldn’t have made otherwise.
- Pay off $4,000 of debt – I shared my plan for tackling my debt in this post.
- Well, I’m not as far ahead with this goal as I’d like. Paying down this debt is a huge challenge for me. But I have paid off $1,060 and it looks like the next few months will be good ones for making some big payments.
- Save 10% for taxes – I am self-employed and am terrible at setting money aside for taxes, so this needs to happen.
- I am happy to report I have exactly 10% set aside from what I have made this year! I have a separate savings account set up in my Capital One 360 free online savings account labeled “TAXES”, and I send money to it as part of my end-of-the-month accounting.
- Schedule time to enrich myself every month
- PowerSheets are helping me not let myself off the hook on this one. I have done something to enrich myself every month. This month it was my second writing retreat of the year. I spend one night at a local hotel and my husband takes care of our daughter while I get a BUNCH of work done and have some time for myself. I am such an introvert that I feel recharged by this time!
- Give my daughter 60 minutes of undivided attention every day
- While I am not actually measuring this, I think I am close to achieving this every day. I spend about 30 minutes first thing when she wakes up totally focusing on her, so that helps. It’s not that I’m neglecting her otherwise (trust me!) but I find I need to make this a priority so I’m not multitasking all day long with her. I think this is a unique challenge for work-at-home parents.
- Enrich my relationship with my husband – I’ve neglected our relationship in the past and made progress last year.
- We went on a date night this month, hooray! It had to go to the very top of my goals for the month because it just won’t happen otherwise. We went to this super fun conveyor-belt sushi restaurant and had a great time together.
- Make travel a priority (again). I vowed to visit three new places last year and it was so wonderful that I’ve made it a goal again this year. Nothing enriches our lives like travel.
- We went to South Florida in January (read all about our budget-friendly trip here) and went to Myrtle Beach, SC a few weeks ago, both of which I had never been to. We have plans to visit San Francisco and Disneyland (eeekkk!) in the fall, and I hope to fit in one other new place before the end of the year!
- Made $2,500/month blogging & enrich my readers’ lives.
- I am happy to report that this goal has already been met – and surpassed! I am so overwhelmed with how well the blog has been doing and have to pinch myself often. I am working on an income report to share with you and plan on sharing more posts about how I blog on a tight budget like this one. Thank YOU for making this possible by reading and clicking links that support this site. I hope I am enriching your life at least in some small way.
How are your 2018 goals going? Are there any you are struggling with or that are a total win? Please leave a comment below!