If you click a link in this post and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who took the time to complete the reader survey I sent out last week! Your responses are already helping me improve the blog.
I thought you may be interested in what I learned from the survey, so here are the results, in a nutshell…
- You are most interested in posts about frugal travel, deals/freebies, and my personal experiences. More of these coming right up!
- You are most interested in Amazon deals on home goods and kid stuff. I assume this applies to deals from anywhere so I am focusing my efforts on those categories!
- You are most interested in free eBooks or downloads about how to travel for free or cheap with points/miles and how to take a great Disney vacation on the cheap. One is in the works and is coming your way very soon!
- Y’all are mostly on Facebook (63% of you) and Pinterest (41%). I am working on ramping up my efforts on Facebook (which have been non-existent up to this point… oops).
And most helpful to me was hearing what you struggle with most regarding living frugally. I wish I had asked more generally what I can help you with in your life, but oh well, I learned for next time. These are some of the things that challenge you:
- Finding good deals
- Not enough time
- Budgeting for unplanned expenses
- Following through on your commitment to live frugally (especially when faced with impulse buys for yourself or your kids/grandkids!)
Guess what? I struggle with these exact issues, too! What’s great about that is that I can share my experiences working through these challenging areas with you, and hopefully we can all learn a better way together! I’ll definitely try to focus on these areas in the future on the blog.
As a thank-you for taking the time to complete the survey, I’ve sent out prizes to some readers. Amanda P. was the winner of the $10 Amazon gift card. I also sent a copy of my eBook The Ultimate Guide to the Disney Dining Plan to five folks who completed the survey. Congrats!
Thanks again for your feedback and for being the best readers!