After many months of neglecting the Ibotta money saving app on my phone, I am back on board with using it regularly. As you can see, I earned $2.25 on my last trip to Food Lion buying things I was going to buy any way.
If you are new to Ibotta, here is the lowdown of how to use it:
- Sign-up for an Ibotta account here (this is my referral link & you’ll get a $10 bonus to get started!)
- Download the app to your phone
- Link your grocery store’s loyalty card (Food Lion is my store here in NC)
- Unlock rebates for your store in the app
- Scan your loyalty card at checkout
- Get money automatically deposited in your Ibotta account if you buy items for which you unlocked rebates!
- Move money to your PayPal account or use it to buy gift cards after you’ve reached the $20 minimum payout
My phone makes a little “cha-ching” sound when money has been added to my Ibotta account, which usually takes 24-48 hours after I shop at Food Lion.
If your store doesn’t have a loyalty card (or has one that isn’t on Ibotta yet), you can scan your items and your receipt to earn your rebates. This is WAY more time consuming, which leads me to very rarely take this approach. But if there are a few good offers at Target that I can use, I will take the time to upload my receipt. I try to do it in the car before I drive away from the store so I don’t forget!
I’m back on board and I think I just got out of the habit of checking the app before I went to the store. Have you given Ibotta a try? Please leave a comment below!