Originally published February 14th, 2015
This is my go-to recipe because it uses vegetable oil instead of butter (making them much more affordable) and has a unique taste thanks to both vanilla and almond extracts.
I have the recipe memorized because I have made them so many times. I wrote it down for y’all so you can make them, too. 😉
Adapted from Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies – AllRecipes.com
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the oil, both sugars, eggs, and both extracts in a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until the edges are starting to brown. Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a wire cooling rack.