If you click a link in this post and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
I had a lot of words in the running for my 2018 word-of-the-year… gratitude, connect, and enrich are just a few!
I decided on enrich because it applies to many areas of my life I want to work on this year. I want to make the time to enrich myself. I want to enrich the lives of my readers with content that is helpful and inspiring. And I want to enrich my relationships with my family and friends.
So 2018 is the year to enrich!
This year I used PowerSheets to help me take a deep dive into what really matters in my life and plan my goals from there. They were recommended by a blogger friend and I am already getting a lot out of them.
So here’s a look at my personal goals for 2018:
- Pay off $4,000 of debt – I shared my plan for tackling my debt in this post!
- Save 10% for taxes – I am self-employed and am terrible at setting money aside for taxes, so this needs to happen.
- Schedule time to enrich myself every month – I already took a two-day writing retreat this month so I’m off to a good start with this one!
- Give my daughter 60 minutes of undivided attention every day – I am often at home with her with work all around, so I am focusing on being distraction-free for part of the day.
- Enrich my relationship with my husband – I’ve neglected our relationship in the past and made progress last year.
- Make travel a priority (again). I vowed to visit three new places last year and it was so wonderful that I’ve made it a goal again this year. Nothing enriches our lives like travel.
- Made $2,500/month blogging & enrich my readers’ lives. Based on my growth last year I think I can do this. I want to create content that will enrich your life and help you live a rich life on a budget!
And last, here’s how I did with meeting the 2017 goals I shared in this post!
Travel to three new places
Success! The three new places were Fort Lauderdale, Greenville, SC (for the solar eclipse!), and Monticello in VA (on my bucket list). We took 10 out-of-state trips last year and I hope to travel just as much this year!
Make $1,000/month with the blog
I am so happy to share that I achieved this goal! I made my goal for the last two months of the year. Thanks for reading, clicking, and sharing to help support the blog.
Pay down debt incurred by our home remodel by 50%
It looked like I was on track to meet this goal in July, but then we had some setbacks. The second half of 2018 was really rough for me personally and it affected our finances a lot, too. I ended up only paying off $1,200 of debt and my goal was $5,000. But I have renewed energy and a plan for getting this debt paid off for good this year!
Go on an overnight trip with my husband
Well, we didn’t go out of town, but we did spend two nights away from our daughter thanks to sleepovers at Granny’s! Wow, was it nice to have some more time for ourselves. We went out to dinner and watched Game of Thrones (because we are wild like that).
Buy no new items of clothing
I *mostly* kept up with this wacky goal this past year! I did get a few new shirts and a new pair of Christmas leggings, but got all the rest of my clothes secondhand. I still use Schoola and Swap.com extensively, as well as finding lots of treasures at my local Goodwill.
Find 1-2 more kiddos for my little preschool
This goal fell by the wayside because I decided to concentrate on blogging instead of trying to run a preschool in my home. Looking back, I am SO glad I put my energy into the blog because it is already paying off in increased income with very little extra time.
Maintain the garden all summer long
I kinda cheated on this one by doing only a container garden this year! But I was able to maintain my pots of plants so I guess I met this goal.
As you can see, I met some goals and missed others. But I consider all of my efforts a success because I learned something in the process.
Did you pick a word-of-the-year? I’d love to know what you picked so please leave a comment below and let us know your goals and/or word for 2018!